Marine Species Guide ~ 2020 Version
📦 There are 5 units left in stock.
By Johan Boshoff and Annatjie Rademeyer ©
This book can be used by scuba divers and snorkellers as a quick reference guide to help them identify and learn the fish species that they will encounter underwater. The book covers all of the marine species found on coral reefs around the world. Line drawings of fish families simplify identification underwater and the general behaviour of the family along with interesting facts are listed. Information includes the common family names, aliases, biological family names, size, identification, general information, feeding preferences and where the families occur around the globe.
Photographs of the most common of the species found when scuba diving or snorkelling are included and the fish families are organised for easy reference.
- Alias – The common name used in other regions.
- Family name – Scientific name of the family, order or suborder
- Size – Maximum and average size of the animal.
- Identification – Distinguishing features of the animal family
- General information – Behaviour description of the family
- Feeding – Food preferences and feeding habits
- Distribution – Where the species occurs
- Common species – Examples of the most common species found.
- Softcover, 148 mm x 210 mm, 160 pages.