FIRST RESPONSE TRAINING - O2 ADMINISTRATION COURSE
This course is intended to teach emergency oxygen (O2) administration. This program covers equipment and procedures for administrating oxygen as an emergency procedure. Equipment selection and use for decompression illness emergencies are detailed with practical components to train a well rounded rescuer.
Who this course is for:
- Scuba Divers
- Dive Professionals and boat staff
- Other individuals who may need to administer oxygen
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates may:
- Recognize and evaluate an emergency and a victim
- Know how to activate or alert the emergency medical services (EMS)
- Be able to administer O2 to a breathing or non-breathing person
- OSHA and ILCOR compliant training
What you can expect to learn
The Oxygen Administration program is designed to train layperson rescuers for:
- Identification of DCI
- administration of emergency oxygen
How to take this course
There are two components to your training in order to receive your certification. The first is academics and the second is skills. You must first pass your academics training to proceed to the second phase and work with an instructor in a classroom setting.
Academics. We offer two options to complete your academics (eLearning or printed manual).
Classroom. Search our instructor database to find a local training center to complete the skills portion of your training.
Once you complete your academics and classroom training, you will be issued a certification. You will then be a certified provider for O2 Administration.